All of the stores from the association are starting to get entries for the "For the Love of Beads" contest that features amateur bead/jewelry designers from Southern California.
You still have time to get your submission in for the contest.
“Destinations” is the theme for this year’s challenge. Create an original piece of jewelry that is either strung, bead woven, or wire worked and displays your love of beads!
- Contest is open to all customers and is free to enter. Employees and family members of the local bead stores affiliated with the SCLBSA and professional and/or paid bead instructors are not eligible.
- Pick a category: Stringing, Bead Weaving, or Wire Working.
- Create an original piece of jewelry that includes at least 80% of the category technique.
- Choice of materials is open to whatever you can find at a local bead store.
- Although it is not required, we do ask that you support the SCLBSA by purchasing at least 50% of your materials with them.
- Submit your entry to your participating SCLBSA bead store by June 22, 2013.
SCLBSA store owners in each region will be your judges.
- Judging will be based on overall design and theme, visual impact, originality, and execution
- Each category will have a First Place Winner and an Honorable Mention Winner in each region
- Nine First Place Winners will be awarded a $100 Promotional Certificate.
- Nine Honorable Mention Winners will be awarded a $50 Promotional Certificate.
- Winners will be announced on June 27, 2013 on the SCLBSA web site.
- Entries will be on display from June 27 - July 6 at store submitted to.
- * Two Winners Per Category in Each Region
- * 18 Winners
- * $100 or $50 Promotional Certificates
Contest is open to all customers and is free to enter.
Employees and family members of local bead stores affiliated with the SCLBSA and professional and/or paid bead instructors are not eligible.
Entry Deadline: June 22, 2013